Reports to Production Manager
Hours: Part-Time, non-exempt, as needed. Schedule varies with evenings, weekends, and holidays required. Standard work schedule is afternoons and evenings. Must be available to work coverage of local government meetings primarily in the evening and some afternoons, M-F. Pay rate: $9.50 – 12.50/hour, based on experience.
Public Media Network is currently seeking Production Assistants to provide access to local governments through our gavel to gavel meeting coverage. Production Assistants must be reliable and have a strong commitment to the mission of Public Media Network.
Production Assistants will assist with the production of local community content for Public Media Network. Production Assistants will direct and crew live multi-camera coverage of local government meetings, assist as crew for studio and field productions, edit content, and provide assistance and facilitation to Public Media Network’s community producers.
Example of Duties (for illustration purposes only):
- Direct and serve as crew for live multi-camera coverage of municipal meetings
- Video tape assigned productions
- Create DVDs and media files of PMN Productions
- Assist as crew (camera, audio, technical director, …) for multi camera productions
- Assist the Video Production Manager in creating promotional media and teaching tools for the PMN workshops
- Assist the Video Production manager in maintaining the PMN equipment and facility
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on the production and event schedules
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- An educational background in media production
- A Film/Video/Media related class from a secondary school (WMU, KVCC, etc)
- Competency in single camera video production
- Competency in multi-camera video production
- Competency editing with Final Cut
- Must take direction well and ask questions when unclear with an assignment.
- Must be responsible and able to work independently
- Must provide own transportation
The Video Production Assistant should possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license by the State of Michigan.
Please send by 5:00 p.m. Monday, November 27, 2017, a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Public Media Network
359 S. Kalamazoo Mall, Third Floor
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
NO PHONE CALLS.