Public Media Network’s Marketing and Promotion Specialist performs a variety of functions under the direction of the Community Engagement & Advancement Manager including, but not limited to: coordinating and implementing marketing and promotion projects and activities; development of internal and external print and multimedia promotional materials; maintenance of PMN web site; development and implementation of social media communication projects, development and implementation of “cross-platform” promotional media, and support of PMN promotional events and activities.
The Marketing and Promotion Specialist also provides support for Public Media Network’s activities, services, and operations.
Example of Duties (for illustrative purposes only):
- Coordinate annual marketing and promotion plan and implement marketing/promotion projects including advertising, promotion, and public relations activities.
- Design and prepare internal and external promotional materials, and communications for distribution to print outlets, cable channels, radio, web and social media outlets.
- Draft, proof-read, edit promotional materials (e.g. newsletters, brochures, announcements, advertisements, invitations, web site content, Facebook content etc.).
- Coordinate promotion elements on multiple media platforms.
- Develop social media strategies, monitor and contribute to external social media sites and outlets as assigned.
- Assist with implementation of strategic initiatives and projects related to marketing and promotion of PMN services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by PMN’s Community Engagement and Advancement Manager.
As time and other activities permit, the PMN Marketing and Promotion Specialist may be expected to assist in other functions related to PMN production or administrative functions.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Excellent organization skills; strong communication skills; professional interpersonal, social and phone skills; ability to work independently exercising good judgment, and work as part of a larger team. Have a sense of creativity, a willingness to explore, and a desire to be innovative.
The position also requires proficiency with graphic design, word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheet, database and web site CMS computer software. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse client base will be required.
The Marketing and Promotion Specialist should have demonstrated experience in planning, drafting, editing, and publishing a variety of marketing/promotion materials (newsletters, brochures, posters, event announcements, etc.) in both print and electronic formats. Demonstrated experience in graphic design, content management, and website maintenance (utilizing Word Press or equivalent). In addition, experience developing and providing content to social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter etc.) is strongly preferred.
Suggested Training and Education Requirements:
The PMN Marketing and Promotion Specialist must, at a minimum, have completed post-secondary (community college or university) degree program work in a marketing, business communications or journalism field strongly preferred.
Must provide own transportation
Reports to Community Advancement and Engagement Manager
Regular Part-Time Position, generally 20-25 hours per week.
The Marketing and Promotion Specialist will generally be scheduled for flexible work shifts during PMN’s standard business hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 9:00pm, and Saturday from 10:00am – 6:00pm. However, both the nature of the position and PMN’s business activities may necessitate work assignments outside of these hours.
Pay Rate: $10 – $16 / hour depending on experience
Please send by 5:00 p.m. Friday, December 15, 2017, a cover letter and resume to [email protected] or mail to:
Public Media Network
359 S. Kalamazoo Mall, Third Floor
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
NO PHONE CALLS.